Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chandni Raatein!

(This post was written a month back but forgot to publish. It's an insane one, mind you - one of my random moods when the lukkhi in me had taken charge. I still don't believe I am about to publish this.)

No, I am not into corny blue films, as yet! It was either this or 'O meri Chandni'. You take the pick!

So finally landed at my latest haven - Room # 16, Hostel - Chandni, MICA, yesterday. I loved my earlier room a lot - everything was just perfect about # 5, Parijat...the location, the view, the furniture arrangement, the storage space, even the position of the electric switch.

This new place is amazing as well. My own room! No one to share it with..ALL MINE :D :D :D Okay enough gloating . No wait, did I mention it is the biggest room on the floor! Just my luck :) The room is spacious to say the least..not like those crammed hostels in the otherwise thik-thak college in Mumbai I once visited to meet a friend..what was that again? IID..no wait IIT, I think. Wateverr :D

Its a first floor corner room - the door well hidden behind the pillar. Privacy you see. You open the door and a neat and tidy room greets you warmly. The colour scheme is yellow-green-orange with a touch of purple.


Books (by the virtue of being seldom handled) are arranged neatly on a black rack and a green-yellow dari (carpet) on the floor reminding me of home.


To add just the right touch, a yellow sitting cushion!...for those idle mornings and lazy afternoon reading sessions.


For the more demanding times (say one night before the exam) there is this study table with just the right number of table-top show pieces - 3. A clock, a mug for stationery and one Ganpati bappa (He had to come along...exams jo paas karni hai).


And then there is this one piece of furniture where I shall be spending 91.472% of my non-lecture time - the bed! With a green-n-yellow bedsheet with yellow-n-white cushions. Call me crazy, but I brought along all 'wonly yellow-worange' bedsheets with me!! O wait! The bestest part...my oh-so-lovely curtains! Green..very chic and soothing.


There is this huge tree just outside my window (all 11th/12th botany gone waste..i failed to identify the damn tree!) and a path that leads to the mess on one hand (how strategic) and the classrooms (tragically, how strategic again) on the other.

So what do you think? Kya meri room aapki room say behtar hai? Just say so darlings and be my life-long friend (Did that just sound very cheap?)

So let me end this really insane post on a slightly senti note (blog ke TRPs* badhane ke liye kya kya karna padta hai!!). An ode to #16, Chandni - for the great times we shall share!

For the times we spend, in the times to come
Moments that are happy and sad are some

This heart and mind may wander and roam

When comes the night, it will find a way home

So cheers to you and a cheers to me

My heart will always be where you shall be :)


Aah! Enuff said..the bed looks gloomy, I think its yearning for my company ;)
Tada!!

1. * @ aagau Media majors at MICA, mala mahitiye blog la TRPs*** nastat, ugaach akaleche taare todu naka**
2. ** - Mala mahitiye ha Dighe madam cha dialogue aahe. Mi ithe tyala credit detey. Sue karaycha vichar tala.
3. *** BTW, fyi, Blog la Page Views and Unique Users astat - Sessions ani Time spent per session pan astat^
4. ^ - Hyala VDCP mhantat, VDCP = Virtual DCP^^
5. ^^ - Aata hey atti hotay. Somebody stop me :D

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post*. I liked# it.

    * - conditions apply
    # - subjected it to (blog) market risk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room is nice...but attempt at humor in the end is really bad..

    Majhya room la pan green padade ahet btw!!

    Ani he type text vagaire kaay chhale aahe??...te kadhun taak

    ReplyDelete