Monday, September 14, 2009

There's something about him...

I saw him again tonight. He was nervous, yet smiling. His smile radiated from across the distance and I quickly forgot that I was in a foul mood. He grabbed my bowl of hakka noodles and threatened to devour it all by himself. I simply turned around and said go ahead. He was perplexed and returned it sheepishly. I smiled knowing that I am never so generous to others.

He came up to me to talk about his worries, the tension was obviously killing him. I was only too glad to be of some help. He promised that I would be the first one to know of any good result of his impending predicament. I knew then that I had been a good friend. He put a hand around me and shook me by arms. Silly boy, he doesnt know that his playfulness had won me over a long time back.

He wishes to talk more but I know I should leave. I can only be a friend and that's all can he be to me. I am happy to have him as a friend and can't complicate things in either of our lives. Sometimes it's only fair to keep it simple.

I think of that special someone he has back home and curiously I feel no animosity towards her. How could anyone not like him? But then she was the blessed one and so was he to have her.

But I cant leave without telling him of all that he has meant to me. Someday I will tell but today's not the time. Let me be the friend that he needs right now. Let me be the support that he seeks. Not because I want him to like me. Not because of what I want him to think..may be because I need a friend too. Yes, just a friend in my life. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment