Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To be or not to be - no, no nothing that dramatic!

Dichotomy. One moment I think about doing something I have never tried out in life and at the other the sheer amount of pending work exasperates me. How does one choose between the two? Between what needs to be done and what one wishes to do. The choice between responsibility and what pleases oneself.

For long I have postponed things that I really wanted to do. It started with simple stuff - blog posts, taking pictures, writing poems, reading a good book and it went on to form a habit, a really bad one. I postponed calling friends on their birthdays and talking to my parents for days at a stretch. On campus one tends to live in a world of bubble - a world visible to others yet so aloof that making a contact with the outsiders takes an effort. Efforts which I thought could be postponed.

How does one make a choice?? I want to make the right choice but how? There is so much going on acads-wise that I dont wish to fall behind. So much to read, to learn and so less time! But then there is this empty feeling that next months are going to be the last 6 months of my life when I will get to do what I really want to! 4 am walks around the campus, late night grub at Chota, watching movies all night and then heading for breakfast, playing badminton at absurd hours, writing silly poetry and living life my way!!

The whole 'balancing act' is sucha farce, I tell you. There is no such thing as the middle path and if there is one - then I am clearly miles away. Sigh!

Time for updates!
1. We (Siddhesh, KK and I) won the Arbit Presentations, an event at Prayaag '09, the annual B-fest of JBMIS. Yay!! The competition was tough with singing, dancing, acting and prancing around involved. (Dont ask!) Who would have thought those number-crunching Fin-majors of JB would be so good at cheeky one liners!

2. After an eventful vacation (one of the longest - almost deserves a new post) I am finally back on campus. The weather in Gujjuland is pleasantly cold. One can clearly make out the Mumbai junta with their sweatshirts and socks from the Delhi ones walking around in their shorts and skirts.

3. On the dissertation front - I managed to get the faculty I wanted as my internal and external guides. It wasn't an easy task with the moronic admin people FORGETTING to CHECK my mail and alloting guides to everyone else except me. I almost had a 'WTF!' moment but then diplomacy took over. It was good to know that politeness still works - especially when the other person is at fault! :P

Aah! So I finally manage to write one entire post without answering the question I started off with. I guess, the deadlines are hinting the answer not-so-subtly. Well, I did blog today and played baddy, hit the gym, watched a movie so now a little padhai wont do much harm.

Tada!!

1 comment:

  1. How does one make a choice?? I want to make the right choice but how? There is so much going on acads-wise that I dont wish to fall behind. So much to read, to learn and so less time

    Yea I can understand this one. I felt the same during my first mod and even now in this mod the situation is same.

    ReplyDelete