Monday, March 06, 2006

Watched a movie called " searching for david's heart" today..just couldnt stop myself from crying in the last few scenes. its a story of a teenage girl whose elder brother gets killed in a car accident. she blames herself for his death and when she learns that his heart was given for transplantation, she goes searching for the guy who now has her brother's heart, thankful that somepart of her brother is still alive..and hoping that this guy would be just like her brother (dumb! i know..but i loved that idea too).
this movie did strike a chord, to say the least. I always, always, since times immemorable, wanted an elder brother. a big brother who would protect me from the bullies in school( now, whats the possibility of that happening??...most of the time I was the bully)...who would lend me his pens and pencils on the day of exam..(i.e. if i am unsuccessful to steal them before)..take my den while playing hide-n-seek (had a girl in my building, whose bro used to always take the den instead of her...i was sooo jealous of her!!)..lend me some of his pocket money when mine's over before 15th of each month..sign the 'low-attendance-in-class' note meant for my "guardian"..fight with our parents for me..when he knows i m right...scold me more than aai-baba when he knows i m wrong..take on the entire world for his lil sister..
now dont get me all wrong...i know we always crave for what we dont have and fail to appreciate what is ours...but no i have two simply awesome guys as brothers (though i would kill anyone who tells them that i said this). my elder brother( no, i wont call him cousin..it distances relations) is a sorta idol for me..a gem of a person..the do-gooder..always the righteous..hardworking, sincere and basically a very nice human being..you know the "beta-ho-to-aisa" material. I always looked upto him, although we communicated so less, his words were many a times more important for me than my parents'(though none of them know this!) He still continues to inspire me..he makes me want to be a better person.
my younger bro is an absolute cartoon..any time, any place this guy can make me burst out till my sides split, stomach starts aching, cheek muscles begin to hurt due to constant laughing and makes me run to the loo..(hope you get the idea now!) he would die than show that he loves me..but when least expected this guy with his acts..in a weird way..shows that he cares.
there are times when i miss these two jokers soo much...sometimes i just hate them for all the tricks they play on me, irritate me, get on my nerves...but sometimes i just feel so blessed..
now..i still miss not having a real brother..but thats just because i miss these two soo much..
i know today i m missing them so much coz we havent met for so long and tomorrow if we are forced to stay in one house, we can even end up killing each other..but its like..'neither can i bear you two nor can i live apart from you'.
hey did i mention that i love them...i guess i did.

1 comment:

  1. Love, caring and pampering. That’s what lil sisters are for…. aren’t they?

    ReplyDelete