Thursday, November 06, 2008

Life etc..

I admire bloggers. I think it takes a certain amount of courage to open up your life and heart infront of perfect strangers and more so, your friends. I always thought of myself as a very open and frank person. Frank to the point of being brash. I took pride in always being honest with one and all, even if it meant hurting them a little. I don't know why but I had this immense confidence in all my relations, especially my friends, that they would never ever stay mad at me for too long. I thought I was being a true friend by blurting out all the biting, harsh realities. 'Sure, I may be the bad guy now..but they would soon the light in my argument.' Well, the big news is I was wrong. May be I hurt them a bit too much. Damage beyond repair. I still haven't given up hopes on them. But I know its never going to be the same again. So much for me and my confidence. :|

I always knew people change with time. Just never imagined that 'those people' would ever include yours truly too. Atleast not so soon. Its been only a few months here at MICA and I already find myself unrecognisable some times. The way I react to situations sometimes, I leave myself appalled. Not that this change is bad, but it feels all too 'grown-up'. Wasn't I the one who used to happily say, "Option la taklay! " when someone remarked, "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." Why am I behaving all so matured these days? Yeah, it is the need of the hour, but it seems all too forced. All too wrong. I smile more but laugh less. I am nice but no longer naughty. I may get edgy at times, but never wild. I miss that kid in me. I miss me. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment