Thursday, December 11, 2008

Something very close to my heart :)

I can never put down what EXACTLY I feel when I listen to this ghazal by Mehndi Hasan.
Its ethereal..so sublime that you cant believe that someone has actually penned down these lyrics. How could someone understand the pain, the agony, the silent desperation of a lover so well? Not sure if guys are capable of these emotions (This is not meant as a sarcasm, just my limitation to understand the opposite gender. Lemme know guys if you can relate to this piece of wonder) but the poet has definitely understood a woman's heart well..

Sharing the lyrics below..do listen to the ghazal and tell me you love it too :)

Ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhane ke liye aa
Aa fir se mujhe chhod ke jaane ke liye aa
Ranjish hi sahi…………

Pehle se marasim naa sahi fir bhi kabhi to
Rasmo rahe duniya hi nibhane ke liye aa
Ranjish hi sahi…………

Kis kis ko batayenge judai ka sabab hum
Tu mujhse khafa hai to zamane ke liye aa
Ranjish hi sahi…………

Kuch to mere pindar-e-mohabbat ka bharam rakh
Tu bhi to kabhi mujhko manane ke liye aa
Ranjish hi sahi…………

Ik umr se hoon lazate giriya se bhi mehroom
Aye raahate jaan mujhko rulane ke liye aa
Ranjish hi sahi…………

P.S : If you love someone whole-heartedly ( yes! half-hearted love exists!) then don't ever hurt him/her so much that this ghazal makes them feel like their own story :)


4 comments:

  1. Ahem!

    I cant comment much about half- or whole-hearted LOU (:P), but I would love to listen to that ghazal...

    On another note, it kinda reminded me of the Song "Dil ke armaan asoonon me beh gaye..."

    And lastly, GUYS are capable of these emotions! I mean what makes u think they should not be??

    ReplyDelete
  2. dil ke armaan aansuon me beh gaye
    hum wafa karke bhi tanha reh gaye

    I think there is a diametric difference between these two ghazals..

    This for one speaks of tragedy, of a shared past which has ceased to be..a lil self-pityish this one sounds!

    Ranjish hi sahi..on the other hand shows no self-pity, there is a silent desperation of sorts, but its of love, she/he doesn't care about the past but longs for a together future. It talks about not giving up..still trying and dreaming for happiness. She is willing to take the pain that comes with love, she prefers that to no love at all,..it says:
    'Come back to hurt me once again,
    Come back to leave me once again,
    Come back for this world, if not for me,
    And if not for anything else, come back to atleast make me cry once'

    That's my take! :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as I said, I had not heard the Ranjish.. ghazal myself... maybe that would hav helped me understand it better..

    Also, u cud think of Dil ke armaan.. as referring to someone who has went thru it all, been hopeful all-her-life, but now unfortunately is in an helpless condition-of-sorts.. Maybe smthing like a probable future of the lady in Ranjish..

    If u havent heard the entire thing yet, dil ke armaan.. is also a must listen to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody is in a GD mood!! :D

    ReplyDelete