Friday, February 27, 2009

Books!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Finished reading 'The White Tiger' by Aravind Adiga. The book has won The Booker Prize for 2008 and deservedly so. Just glad that I read it :) The author has another remarkable book to his credit, 'Between the Assassinations' and I plan to read it soon. For starters, here is a short story by Adiga which was published in The Guardian (where he writes frequently) which talks about a subject very similar to The White Tiger.

Started with another Booker Prize winner book, again by an Indian author. 'The God of Small Things' by Arundhati Roy (Ya ya go ahead, laugh at me..I am probably the last Indian alive who still hasnt read it :|) Done with some 60 pages and man! does it take time to get used to her writing style!!

More on books later. Oh btw, ever since I have gone back to books, the pre-reads have taken the proverbial backseat. Wish I could balance both :| Why cant I juggle a Blue Ocean Strategy/Marketing Myopia with some Sherlock Holmes and Fourth Estate?? :(

Lemme end with a quote which I find very true.

To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time is to meet an old one. ~Chinese Saying

1 comment:

  1. Even I m glad tht I read this book. I was asked questions on the same during my Blore PI :)

    ReplyDelete